No two fields are the same, so it’s important to evaluate weed pressure across fields to determine the best path forward to manage tough-to-control weeds. Below are general recommendations from the PhytoGen Cotton Development Specialist (CDS) team, as well as resources to help your weed control management this season.
- Get back to the basics with Enlist® Growers will customize their programs depending on weed pressure and adjacent crops, but the fundamental basics with Enlist herbicides stay the same.
- Download this application guide and share with customers to remind them of wind speed, spray volume and pressure, nozzles, boom height and more.
- Leverage the power of Enlist One® herbicide and glufosinate. This powerful tank-mix option enables growers to employ a zero-tolerance policy on weeds in PhytoGen® W3FE varieties. It’s also a knockout punch for weeds in Enlist E3®
- Share this fact sheet on Enlist One + Liberty® herbicide so farmers can dial in applications.
- Know the surroundings. Many popular Cotton Belt crops, such as peanuts, soybeans, wheat and sorghum, are considered compatible with Enlist herbicides. Remember which crops are compatible and susceptible (see below) as programs are developed.
- Tailor weed control programs with surroundings in mind. Once growers determine adjacent crops, they can develop a solid postemergence herbicide plan. Reference the early postemergence and midpostemergence plans below to guide your considerations.
- Raise a flag. Using technology flags in the field is a simple way to keep the right chemistries on the right acres.
PhytoGen Cotton Development Specialist Chris Main, Ph.D., offers general program guidelines as a starting point to help growers understand options depending on adjacent crops and pest pressure. Use this to begin conversations with growers and then consult the cotton development specialist in your region for location-specific recommendations.
Many customers planting PhytoGen® W3FE varieties this season will use the Enlist® weed control system for the first time. Our team Is here to help you succeed.
Hear what customers have to say and see more proof at PhytoGenCottonseed.com/facts.
™ ® DuPont, Enlist, Enlist Duo, Enlist E3, the Enlist Logo, Enlist One, EverpreX, PhytoGen and Staple are trademarks of Corteva Agriscience and its affiliated companies. ®Liberty is a registered trademark of BASF. The transgenic soybean event in Enlist E3® soybeans is jointly developed and owned by Corteva Agriscience LLC and MS Technologies, L.L.C. Enlist Duo® and Enlist One® herbicides are not registered for sale or use in all states or counties. Contact your state pesticide regulatory agency to determine if a product is registered for sale or use in your area. Enlist Duo and Enlist One herbicides are the only 2,4-D products authorized for use with Enlist® crops. Consult Enlist herbicide labels for weed species controlled. EverpreX® herbicide and Staple® LX are not registered for sale or use in all states. Contact your state pesticide regulatory agency to determine if a product is registered for sale or use in your state. Always read and follow label directions. © 2023 Corteva.